Kaneville United Methodist Church is a caring community of faith that welcomes individuals from all walks of life. You are invited to join us every Sunday for a time of praise, fellowship and contemplation as we celebrate our Savior and explore the mysteries of faith. We have two ways to worship – in person and on line. Be a part of the revolutionary changes in our ministry.
God is with us all the time.
Join us for Live Feed Worship Sundays at 9:30 am on Facebook.
Facebook: Kaneville United Methodist Church
YouTube: Kaneveille Church
Web Site: you’re already here
Zoom Meetings: for invitation see Pastor Blade
Church Email: Office.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor Email: email@example.com
Outdoor Worship – Through October 25, 2020
Beef Supper Drive in – October 10, 2020, 4:30 -6:30 pm
Return, Renew, Restart indoor ministry – November 1, 2020
Virtual Cookie Walk – November posting of famous KUMC recipes
Christmas Eve Live Nativity at a local barn
Our Tractor Blessing Story: Standing next to big farm machinery, Pastor Nancy Blade called upon God’s protection for our farmers in the 2020 harvest season. On September 19 Kaneville United Methodist Church fed those who feed the world with spiritual food, wrapped breakfast items, and a goody bag decorated by the Kaneville Child Care Center kids. It’s the first year of a new tradition for the church, which prides itself in having 50 years of outdoor summer worship and a Palm Sunday car parade earlier in the pandemic. “It’s most important that our farm families feel supported by their community and receive a just wage for their hard labor,” Pastor Blade told the Kane County Chronicle. After the tractors were anointed with water on a sage bundle, Lay Leader Jim O’Connell offered a heartfelt prayer on behalf of the farmers.
Returning to In-person Ministry
Indoor worship will not be held after our leadership team has prepared the building. We are hoping to have the Sanctuary and basement ready for ministry use early in October. Instructions for how to enter and expectations will be posted when available.
Selah: Pause & Ponder – All Church Focus
- For Children – Four videos will be made at the homes of various families and posted in September.
- Parents of 6th – 8 th graders are invited to a zoom meeting to discuss Confirmation during the pandemic
- For Youth in High School & Middle School we will partner with the Sugar Grove UMC for a bonfire at the Harter Road picnic area on September 27. BYO s’mores and mask.
- College Age Adults are invited to a gathering at Obscurity in Elburn on Thursday, September 24 at 6:30 pm.
- Our Facebook page will have weekly inspiration posted Monday mornings.
- In Worship we will ponder on four words: Goodness, Grace, Giving, and Gratitude.
- For those who walk – there are five message cards to contemplate.
- Our Men’s and Women’s Bible study groups come together through our Group Facebook page “Morning Group” to reflect on Psalm 23. Posts will be made on Tuesdays. All are welcome!